From September to December 2011, I will be posting assignments for the TLDL class I am taking: EDES 501 Web2.0. Enjoy!

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Current Events: Technology kicked out of the classroom?


This week a commercial on TV caught my attention. Discovery Channel Canada was congratulating Lester B Pearson School Board in Toronto for "transforming learning" by having access to Discovery Education STREAMING Canada Plus. The streaming provides "high quality, dynamic, digital content to school districts and boards, large and small, rural and suburban, and everything in between."

This reminded me of an article that Lisa Saunder posted in Coffee talk earlier this week. Her article was of the Wardof School in Edmonton that uses no technology in it's Gr.1/2 class - on purpose.
I didn't know what to think of it. It just seems so counter intuitive to exclude technology. I really liked the activities that they had for the students to use and think it would be fantastic if all classrooms could have a mix of Wardof and technology. 

No comments: