From September to December 2011, I will be posting assignments for the TLDL class I am taking: EDES 501 Web2.0. Enjoy!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Animating Notes

Today I caught a student drawing pictures instead of taking notes. He was really upset that I caught him. In fact, he was quite distressed.

I'm really glad I didn't just yell at him and throw his work away. I took the page and looked at it. There I found the notes we'd taken in comic form. Ingenious!!! He had not only taken the notes, but he'd internalized them and then spit them out in the form of a comic! His characters were explaining why you should deal with stress and talked about strategies for coping. It was just hilarious!

Boy am I ever glad I didn't throw that work away. I would have missed out on a huge 'teaching' moment.


No comments: