From September to December 2011, I will be posting assignments for the TLDL class I am taking: EDES 501 Web2.0. Enjoy!

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Current Events #6: Animation of Sir Ken Robinson talk - Changing Education Paradigms

This is an RSA Animate video of Sir Ken Robinson's talk on changing education paradigms.



I really enjoyed this video for a couple of reasons. First of all I am a visual learner so having Ken's words presented in pictures helped me understand his message. If I had just listened to the video I wouldn't have gotten near as much out of it. Second, his message is very powerful. I have heard bits and pieces of Ken's talk but I've never heard it all pieced together. I emailed it off to a couple of friends who have been asking about the changes they are seeing in Education.
About 4 minutes into the presentation Ken talks about ADHD. I was fascinated by what he had to say. The more I teach, the more I realize that we need to do a better job engaging our students in their work instead of blaming them for being bored.
I just feel inspired to be a better teacher.

No comments: