From September to December 2011, I will be posting assignments for the TLDL class I am taking: EDES 501 Web2.0. Enjoy!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Embracing & Swallowing Leaves


I have been trying to embrace the many wonderful Web 2.0 tools all at the same time and I am drowning. I am not swallowing water, I am inhaling tiny chunks of  leaves. They each represent a tiny part of a different tool I encounter on a day to day basis.

I am trying to hard to swallow the huge Twitter leaf but I can't do it all at once. It's not possible! I am trying to follow the advice of Sue Waters to be patient, use it every day for 4 weeks for at least 5 minutes, share, share, share and to not be afraid. So far I am succeeding at the '5 mins every day'.

I don't have much to say about it yet, except for one thing- I prefer using Twitter on my iPad and iPhone. I don't like it on the desktop at all. Not one bit. Some how it's too big and overwhelming when it's on this huge screen and I get notifications every few seconds. All that tweeting was starting to drive me crazy. Thankfully my iPad and iPhone are keeping me sane.

I'll report back on Twitter the week of Nov.8 because it will be 4 weeks by then.

1 comment:

Alanna King @banana29 said...

Oh holy cow! I love your brain. I totally appreciate your visual analogy of the web world. In my humble opinion, the Twitterverse is essential to professional learning ine education. Hang in there.