From September to December 2011, I will be posting assignments for the TLDL class I am taking: EDES 501 Web2.0. Enjoy!

Monday, October 24, 2011

Apparently I have not been blogging; I've been Journaling.

According to Richardson (2010) I have actually not been blogging for the past six years; I have been journaling in blog format.  


The many journaling blogs of Ortensia
After reading the literature on blogging I have to agree. Richardson (2010) writes that blogging is posting “links with analysis and synthesis that articulate a deeper understanding or relationship to the content being linked and written with potential audience repose in mind”(p. 31). I have done some analyzing, synthesising and linking but only about my life. I have not linked it to anything outside of my world. 

Biggs (2011) offers advice on how to be a successful blogger. I have read through his blog post on the subject and think I can implement some of his suggestions. He feels that if you set a goal of how often and how much to write, it’ll be easier to achieve. He suggests that blogging 1000 words a day, in mini posts or 1 big post, will give your blog vibrancy and life. I believe that this regiment will be impractical for me, but he offers an alternative that I should be able to handle with the help of portable devices and speech recognition tools: 100 words a day, bigger posts every few days. Biggs (2010) also suggests taking a couple days off a week which for me will be Sunday and  one other day depending on the week.

I have had a hard time transitioning from journaling to blogging, and blogging every day. Here is my excuse:



Richardson, W. (2010). Blogs, wikis, podcasts and other powerful web tools for classrooms (3rd ed.). 
                Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin.

No comments: